Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Been Away too long

Well my dear readers, I must apologize for my extended absence. What has kept me away? Life basicaly. I had the flu followed by bronchitis so that initially kept me away.

Also I was trying to sort out the Erratic Thought Pattern podcast and came into some hiccups. Speaking of which I have some bad news about that. Although i did complete the editing I was having quite the difficulty getting it uploaded to the ETP blog page. But it gets worse. My laptop has seen better days. Besides being a lilttle banged up, it's power cord was previously chewed by my former roommate Shecky's dog. It was repaired some time ago but Small Lady has a bunny that apparently gets its kicks from chewing on cables. That damage was only noticed recently when I realized that the computer was maintaining power but will not charge anymore. So despite being very careful with it, I came home from my show on Sunday and it would not turn on anymore. As a result I have lost a lot of files I need, including the ETP Pilot.

On the bright side of things I did get a shiny new laptop on Tuesday.

Right now I am getting it all set up the way I like it. Wally, Jake and I plan to another rcording during our trip to visit Wally. Our Plan is to release that as the first podcast. Once I get the file recovered from the old laptop, we will release that as a lost pilot. That brings me to the good news.

Small Lady has ordered a replacement power cable from ebay (told her she could have it if I ever got a new one.) Hopefully it will work and hopefully it won't turn out to be a problem with the battery as well. If that is the case I can get my files onto the the new laptop and backed up on my external hard drive. If not I will take it somewhere to recover my files.

A whole lot going on in the comic book front. War of the Supermen and Brightest Day to mention a few things. You'll likely see my thoughts on that soon. Return of Bruce Wayne starts today but I'm waiting until the weekend to pick up my books.

Saw both the new Nightmare on Elm Street and Iron Man 2. Enjoyed them both but i thing I will share my thoughts in a future post.

In the mean time I am going to start writing up my post for the blog crossover Wally and I had planned.

Big game for the Habs tonight. Both Wally and I will be on edge to see the result.

GO HABS GO!!

That being said,

L8R

No comments:

Post a Comment